We offer an in house and referral Surgical service from our Alverthorpe Hospital. We have access to modern advanced imaging techniques, allowing us to diagnose a range of conditions.
Our Surgical service is run by Surgical Director Lisa Flood MVB MRCVS GPCertSAS PGCertSAS, Nurse Manager Cheryl Murray RVN DipAVN (Surg) NCert (Anasth) and Senior Surgical Nurse Michelle Rewcastle RVN.
Lisa is a Post-Graduate Certificate holder in Small Animal Surgery. Cheryl has a Diploma in Advanced Surgical Nursing and a Certificate in Anaesthesia. Michelle holds the BSAVA Merit Award in Surgical Nursing.
Aftercare is provided at our Alverthorpe Hospital, which is staffed 24hrs a day, ensuring our patients have the best possible recovery from surgery.
We offer a range of procedures including:
- Wound repair
- Mass/tumour removal
- Foreign body removal
- Exploratory Laparotomies
- Brachycephalic Airway Surgery (BOAS)
- Portosystemic shunt surgery.
- Thoracotomy- lung lobectomy
- Liver lobectomy
- Perineal Hernia
- Perineal urethrosotomy
- Epigastric flap and advancement flaps
- Laryngeal tie back
- Parotid Duct Transposition
- Corneoconjunctival pedicle graft
- Gunderson Hood Flap for melting ulcers
- Sky Gazing Technique/Facelift
- Split lid technique for eyelid mass removal
- Pavletic Graft (lip to lid)