We offer an in house and referral Surgical service from our Alverthorpe Hospital. We have access to modern advanced imaging techniques, allowing us to diagnose a range of conditions.
Our Surgical service is run by Surgical Director and Advanced Practitioner Dr Lisa Flood MVB MRCVS GPCert(SAS)(DII) PGCertSAS, and Head Nurse Michelle Rewcastle RVN DipAVN HECVN. Lisa is a Post-Graduate Certificate holder in Small Animal Surgery. Michelle holds the Advanced Nursing Diploma and BSAVA Merit Award in Surgical Nursing.
Aftercare is provided at our Alverthorpe Hospital, which is staffed 24hrs a day, ensuring our patients have the best possible recovery from surgery.
We offer a range of procedures including:
- Wound repair
- Mass/tumour removal
- Foreign body removal
- Exploratory Laparotomies
- Brachycephalic Airway Surgery (BOAS)
- Portosystemic shunt surgery.
- Thoracotomy- lung lobectomy
- Liver lobectomy
- Perineal Hernia
- Perineal urethrosotomy
- Epigastric flap and advancement flaps
- Laryngeal tie back
- Parotid Duct Transposition
- Corneoconjunctival pedicle graft
- Gunderson Hood Flap for melting ulcers
- Sky Gazing Technique/Facelift
- Split lid technique for eyelid mass removal
- Pavletic Graft (lip to lid)