We offer an in house and referral Orthopaedic service from our Alverthorpe Hospital. We have access to modern advanced imaging techniques, allowing us to diagnose a range of conditions.
Our Orthopaedic service is run by Surgical Director and Advanced Practitioner Dr Lisa Flood MVB MRCVS GPCert(SAS)(DII), PGCertSAS and Head Nurse Michelle Rewcastle RVN DipAVN HECVN. Lisa is a Post Graduate Certificate holder in Small Animal Surgery. Michelle holds the Advanced Nursing Diploma and BSAVA Merit Award in Surgical Nursing.
Aftercare is provided at our Alverthorpe Hospital, which is staffed 24hrs a day, ensuring our patients have the best possible recovery from surgery. We offer air conditioned kennel facilities and take great pride in providing our patients with extra TLC as well as excellent medical care.
We offer a range of orthopaedic procedures including :
- Cruciate disease repair ( TPLO, CCWO, TTA & lateral suture )
- Patella luxation
- Hemilaminectomy and fenestration
- Ventral slot
- Thoracolumbar fracture repair
- Locking/Dynamic Compression plate fracture repair
- Elbow condylar fracture/IOHC repair
- External Skeletal Fixation
- Sacro-iliac luxation stabilisation
- Pelvic fracture repair
- Carpal arthrodesis
- Intramedullary pin placement
- Cross pin fracture repair
- Proximal Abducting Ulnar Osteotomy (PAUL)
- Correction of Medial Compartment Elbow Disease (MCD)
- Femoral head and Neck excision (FHNE)
- Legg Calve Perthes Disease
- Femoral neck fractures
- Hip Dislocation
- Double Pelvic Osteotomy
We are happy to give estimates for any surgical procedure and discuss payment options including Direct Insurance Claims.