We offer an in house and referral Orthopaedic service from our Alverthorpe Hospital. We have access to modern advanced imaging techniques, allowing us to diagnose a range of orthopaedic conditions.
Our Orthopaedic service is run by Surgical Director Lisa Flood MVB MRCVS GPCertSAS PGCertSAS, Nurse Manager Cheryl Murray RVN DipAVN (Surg) NCert (Anaesth) and Senior Surgical Nurse Michelle Rewcastle RVN.
Lisa is a Post Graduate Certificate holder in Small Animal Surgery, Cheryl has a Diploma in Advanced Surgical Nursing and a Certificate in Anaesthesia. Michelle holds the BSAVA Merit Award in Surgical Nursing.
Aftercare is provided at our Alverthorpe Hospital, which is staffed 24hrs a day, ensuring our patients have the best possible recovery from surgery.
We offer a range of orthopaedic procedures including :
- Cruciate disease repair ( TTA & lateral suture )
- Patella luxation
- Double Pelvic Osteotomy
- Hemilaminectomy and fenestration
- Ventral slot
- Thoracolumbar fracture repair
- Locking/Dynamic Compression plate fracture repair
- Elbow condylar fracture/IOHC repair
- External Skeletal Fixation
- Sacro-iliac luxation stabilisation
- Pelvic fracture repair
- Carpal arthrodesis
- Intramedullary pin placement
- Cross pin fracture repair
Proximal Abducting Ulnar Osteotomy (PAUL)
- Correction of Medial Compartment Elbow Disease (MCD)
Femoral head and Neck excision (FHNE)
- Legg Calve Perthes Disease
- Femoral neck fractures
- Hip Dislocation option
We are happy to give estimates for any surgical procedure and discuss client options including Direct Insurance Claims.
Our Alverthorpe Hospital is staffed 24 hours a day by dedicated staff in order to ensure our patients have the best possible recovery from their surgery. We offer air conditioned kennel facilities and take great pride in providing our patients with extra TLC as well as excellent medical care.